Team USA will bring several athletes over to the UK in June for the British International Open, a bronze-level Olympic qualifier.
The competition runs from 7th to 9th June 2019 and is being run in conjunction with the British Championships. As a bronze-level event, competitors will earn Robi points towards Olympic qualification. See our Olympic qualifying guide for details.
USA Weightlifting has confirmed that the following athletes will be making the journey:
- Juliana Riotto – 2018 Junior World silver, Junior Pan-American gold, Junior USA National gold
- Kristin Pope (-64)
- Sarabeth McLendon (-59)
- Jessica Saxon (-53) – 2018 USA National silver
- Phoebe Ng (-76)
- Tayler Harris (-76) – Qatar Cup 2019 Silver
We don’t know yet whether any male athletes will be making the trip as well.
- More about Briana Sfamurri
- More about Juliana Riotto
- More about Kristin Pope
- More about Phoebe Ng
- More about Sarabeth McLendon
- More about Tayler Harris